I am delighted to be able to announce that live Music Makers sessions will recommence this Thursday. Following on from initial discussions with Ken Flood, the vicar at St Clement’s Church, we’ve got the green light to resume work.
Long post alert! Please read the following carefully. These sessions cannot currently be run on the same basis as Music Makers sessions in the past. It’s really important that you take on board everything set out below so that we get the opportunity to make live music once again. Thanks in advance.
Times of first sessions:
- Thursday 10th September, 1st session 9.30 to 10.30,
- Thursday 10th September, 2nd session 10.45 to 11.45,
both sessions in the Lower Hall and main church, at St Clement’s Church, Edge Lane, Chorlton, M21 9AE (access via main church doors; car parking behind main church, access from St Clement’s Rd).
The pricing structure has changed owing to social distancing requirements and subsequent space issues.
- £5 for first child, £3.00 for each additional sibling
- First adult free. Each additional adult £3.00
Sorry, we cannot offer a ‘drop in, pay on the door’ option in the present circumstances. Please do not attend these sessions unless you have a confirmed, pre-booked and pre-paid space allocated.
Guidelines to be adhered to at these Music Makers sessions:
For these sessions to take place at all, we have to do everything we can to adhere to good social distancing protocols as far as is possible, given the age range of our clientele.
- We ask that each individual family group maintain social distancing when arriving for and leaving these sessions whilst within the grounds of St Clement’s.
- We ask that all adults attending these sessions observe social distancing of at least 1 metre from all adults in other family groups.
- We ask that each individual family group maintain social distancing from other family groups whilst in the sessions.
- We ask that as sessions are finishing, and (socially distanced) playing of individual tunes is taking place, individual family groups maintain social distancing from each other.
- We ask for your patience and forbearance if you are reminded of these guidelines or asked to adhere to them by any member of the St Clement’s staff whilst on church premises.
These Sessions are pre-booked and pre-paid sessions
How the booking/payment process will work:
There will be a strictly limited number of family group places available at each session. Assuming we are able to run these sessions for the foreseeable future, each session, each week must be booked separately. All details must be re-entered for each booking.
To book a place:
All bookings must be done via email. Emails to be sent to: owenlittle9 at gmail.com (Messaging me via Facebook will not work. Thanks for your understanding).
Please note, emailing me to request a space is not a guarantee that you have been successful. Please wait for confirmation of your place from me before paying.
Your email must contain all the following information:
- The names of everyone attending in your party, including information regarding number of adults and children (so that the space can be set up for the sessions).
- Full contact details for one adult from within your party. (These contact details will be for “the lead adult” of your party, to be passed on to Track and Trace, should the need arise).
- Please specify which session, either 1st session 9.30 to 10.30, or 2nd session 10.45 to 11.45, you wish to book for. (If you don’t include details of the session you want to attend, I will not be able to process your request until I’ve found the time to ask you for this information).
- Important: Please make sure when you email to book, that you’re very clear about which payment name/reference details will go with your booking. I’ve got to keep track of all this! Thanks in advance.
Legal bit: by emailing to book a place, you consent to me holding the information from your email and sharing it with the relevant authorities, as appropriate, in the event of us being notified of a confirmed Covid-19 case. (If the sessions are full when I receive your mail, I will let you know this, then delete your email).
The set of two morning sessions will be taken as one “bubble”, i.e. if we are notified of an infectious source that occurred in the first session, the details of everyone who attended for the whole morning will be passed on. If we are notified of an infectious source that occurred in the second session, only details of people at the second session will be passed on.
Please remember, emailing me to request a space is not a guarantee that you have been successful. Please wait for confirmation of your place from me before paying. (Do bear in mind that this is still just me running Music Makers, so you may not get an immediate response. Please be patient with this process – thank you). All bookings will be dealt with on a strict first come, first served basis, assuming that all details requested above have been given. When the sessions are full, they are full.
Pre-pay for your place once allocated :
Please do not pay until you receive an email reply from me stating that you have got a place. Once I’ve confirmed your place, please pay in advance for your Music Makers session – payment methods detailed below. Following on from my confirmation of your place, you must please prepay for your session in good time before the session occurs. (As a very small business, we won’t be able to sustain these new sessions if we try to cope within a 25/30% “no show/no pay” scenario).
Important: Please make sure when you email to book, that you’re very clear about what payment name/reference details I can expect to see with your booking.
(If you have remaining Block Booked sessions, you can use these for payment. Please let me know clearly if this is what you are doing. Once Block Bookings are used up, they will not be renewed under the present circumstances).
(Please note changed pricing structure).
£5 for first child, £3.00 for each additional sibling.
First Adult free. Each additional adult £3.00
(N.B. if using Paypal, please DO NOT tick the box “paying for goods or a service”. This is in effect an insurance when you’re buying something to be delivered and PayPal take a cut of the money you pay me for this).
Alternatively please pay via BACS into my account:
Mr O J Little Sort Code 56 00 23 (Natwest) Account no. 46974156 Account type: Personal
I’m sorry for the length of this communication. It’s necessary, given the present circumstances, to be clear of the terms on which these sessions are being offered. I’m sure this will all become familiar with time.
I really hope this works out and that I will actually get to see lots of you once again. Live performance is the life blood of musicians and I’ve really missed it.